- Faced demands by legislators to place TSU under another university system
- In charge when students displaced by Hurricane Katrina needed admission TSU
- Increased student enrollment to more than 11,000, transforming TSU into nation’s second largest HBCU
- Expanded and improved university buildings and apartments,
- Added new graduate programs and increased accredited programs
- Increased research and endowments funds.
- Improved TSU’s financial position and increases state appropriations
- During her tenure several facilities opened, including Student Health Center, Science Building, Wellness and Reaction Center, and Jesse H. Jones School of Business.